Just 1 hour from Toowoomba and 2.5 hours from Brisbane, Dalby is ideally located for visitors as it sits at the intersection of the Moonie, Warrego and Bunya Highways. It is a great place to visit as well as offering a relaxed and friendly country lifestyle to those choosing to live, work and play in the thriving regional centre. As one of the locals said recently, “Everyone knows someone from Dalby”
Are you looking for a “Real country experience” for a day, a week or a month? There are plenty of things to do and places to visit. Don’t miss out on the
- Myall Creek Parklands, the Heritage Trail, Gallery 107 and Pioneer Park Museum
- A stroll up the main street and a picnic in Thomas Jack park
- Dalby Saleyards, the Cotton gins, the grain silos and maybe a feedlot
- The power stations, the home of the Dingo and other agricultural manufacturers
- The drive out to Lake Broadwater or a visit to the Magnificent Bunya Mountains
- Checking out the little towns of Bell and Jandowae and surrounds
- A visit to the Historic Jimbour House
- Flying or gliding over the amazing landscapes of the Western Downs
- Experiencing one of the amazing sunsets
Why live in Dalby? Maybe because our sky is so blue and our stars shine so brightly at night! Or maybe for any of the following:
- A caring community where young, old and all in-between are catered for
- Parks featuring everything from water features to playground and gym equipment and quiet spaces to relax
- Skate parks and kilometres of bike ways
- Great facilities including indoor heated pool, excellent library, fully equipped PCYC, a range of medical facilities and a modern community network centre
- Comfortable, affordable quality homes
- High standards of excellence in education with 5 Child Care Centres and Kindergartens, 2 Primary schools, 1 High School and 2 P – 12 private schools. Dalby also has a TAFE Campus offering full time, part time and leisure courses
- A thriving retail sector providing for a wide range of shopping experiences both in the main street and in Dalby Shoppingworld
- First class sporting facilities
- The opportunity to join in a range of art, community and cultural activities
- Be part of a community that enjoys socializing – from simple barbecues to formal balls, from the Picnic Races to Dalby’s Delicious & DeLIGHTful Festival
- And ten minutes maximum to anywhere in town!
- Dalby is known for its Agricultural excellence, it manufacturing industry with approximately fifty manufacturing businesses in the community and recently for its developing energy and resource sector.
- Excellent work opportunities are available in Dalby whose unemployment level is below the State average. Dalby has recently become a feeder for the mining and energy sectors. Dalby also has a strong professional and retail sector.
- Apprenticeships and Traineeships are offered through a wide range of trades including manufacturing, retail and clerical.
- Western Downs Regional Council employs a large local workforce and also offers apprenticeships and traineeships.
- For those preferring to work outdoors, Dalby supports a large farming community which requires a large and varied workforce.
- Local businesses pride themselves on offering flexible work opportunities and see themselves as “Employers of Choice”.
A wise person once said ‘All work and no play makes for a dull life’. In Dalby almost every conceivable sport is available with many of our local sportsmen and women enjoying national and international success in their chosen field.
- Juniors are well catered for with most of the sports offering excellent coaching and mentoring programs for young sports people.
- The various sporting bodies welcome new players of any level at any time during the year.
- Fitness is a way of life with four gyms catering to local needs.
- Apart from sport, there is an amazing array of art and cultural activities from painting and pottery to silversmithing,from choirs to music bands, from ballet to ballroom dancing, from movies to little theatre and everything in between.
- Dalby is a very social town with many events scheduled throughout the year and in the words of a new couple who have moved to Dalby – “We have never been out so much in all our lives! There is so much to do.”
There is a wide range of beautiful, well-appointed and comfortable motels in Dalby. We also have two caravan parks on either side of town with great facilities. Click for Accommodation options